Wednesday, September 21, 2011

WooHoo!

It's been 4 weeks and 2 days since I had my left knee replaced and I'm making headway. Today I had PT and Lynelle had me do several exercises all the while encouraging me to do my best. I knew I was further along than I was with the right knee at the same time & Lynelle was also curious so she looked up my records.

At 4 weeks and 2 days with my right knee I was bending my leg to 74 degrees and today I'm bending my left knee to 100 degrees! And this time I'm also able to straighten my leg better. I am very pleased!

The funniest part of the day was when Lynelle wanted me to do some exercises on the floor so she asked me if I could get down there. I said, "Sure, but could I get up again?" Down I went and went through all Lynelle asked of me. Then I had to get up. I'm SO glad there was no camera. We laughed a lot, but with both legs not 100% healed it was a challenge, but I made it. I sure do need to work on getting off the floor gracefully. Did Chuck or Lynelle help me? No. They were too busy laughing along with me. I'll not be gardening for a while. Next spring will be better, I'm sure.

No comments: