Thursday, March 13, 2014

Good intentions

Last night, before I went to bed, I vowed I'd go right to the sewing room and finish the comfort quilt after breakfast. I figured it was a good substitute since quilt club was canceled due to the snow, blizzard and our speakers' inability to fly in.

And this blog may seem familiar as I wrote about distraction on Nov. 4, 2011. I found it in my ramblings today.

So, this morning I decided to check my email first and received one from Ulla who is working on publishing Opa's memoirs and history about us Weinberg's. She had several questions about my uncle and so what did I do? I tried to looked them up, which took quite some time, and then wrote an answer. While looking them up I got carried away and was reading my Germany blog entries. It has distracted me all morning; not that it was unpleasant. Actually it was fun. But this is why I don't accomplish my goals in a timely fashion. Now it's 3 PM and I'm going to work on it now. With luck, I'll get the hang of this machine quilting thing. I do straight lines very well, but I sure need practice on curvy stuff. I'm practicing on a comfort (gift to charity) quilt.

No comments: