Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Brown Hair?

Chuck & I need to renew our passports, so I filled out my application. Where it said hair color I entered "brown" same as with all previous passport applications. Then Chuck said, "when should we go for the photo?" and I said not until I get my haircut.

The last photo was not my best, as I had chemo 6 months earlier. Wow! That was 10 years ago! Remember when the word "cancer" was mostly a death sentence? I LOVE the new technology! Go regularly for check-ups. I had no symptoms; it was just my normal review. It worked for me.

Anyway, I had my hair cut and was looking at my lap full of cuttings. Guess what? My hair is salt & pepper! When did THAT happen? It's OK. At my age I'm entitled. Laurie, my hair dresser, said it fits me & don't color it ... not that I planned on it anyway. And I just added my jacket photos. It sure shows my REAL hair color. I've got to amend my passport application!

We are staying home this winter; and winter is here. It is all the way up to 12° from 7° when I first looked at 8 this morning. And where is Chuck? Cleaning driveways! Brrrr! Pat HAD to tell us it will be 72° in Tucson.

Me? I have started several quilt projects and want to get them quilted (by hand) to display in the quilt show the first week-end in June. It will be a big show. I do have 2 pieces completed and not given away ... my travel jacket and a small wall hanging of dog sledding in Alaska, which is in Cindy's office at Lollypop Farm. With any luck, I may get the other, bigger Alaska memory quilt done, too.

No comments: