Friday, January 29, 2010

My Paula Nadelstern Top



This is how to spend a cold winter day! I couldn't wait to get these blocks together and I LOVE it! The photo doesn't show it quite square, but it will be when I quilt it and hang it properly. I think I'll do that in FL in March.

I didn't mention, for you non-quilters, why it is a puzzle quilt. There are 6 repeat blocks made with the same pattern pieces, but using different fabrics in the blocks. There are 16 (I know I said 25, but that was not correct. Guess I couldn't count ... or type. I was probably thinking about the other designs that are still running around in my head!) blocks and I made 2 blocks twice and 4 blocks 3 times each. That was a huge challenge because they had to go into one quilt and I had such a variety of fabrics. I didn't buy ALL new fabrics as I have quite a stash already. I think that's why I'm so pleased with the end ... almost ... result.

I haven't heard if the new babies are here across the street, but I have to do their "I Spy" first. Allison was scheduled for a "C" section today.

If you want to see the individual blocks up close, check out my previous blog. I labeled the blocks so you can see which blocks use the same pattern pieces. I did change the one block 6 so it is pieced as the other one ... a change from the Nadelstern block 6, but still using the same pattern pieces. I just oriented half the block differently because I liked the way the center looked.

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Love your quilt! Great job!!