Wednesday, March 13, 2013

63 Years Later ...

In 1950 our family moved from Chicago, IL to Walton, NY. That was the last time I saw my second cousin, Hans Myer. This past summer Hans, now Bob, called me and could have knocked me over with a feather, if I wasn't already down weeding the garden. It was 63 years since I last saw Bob! I remembered Bob as being tall, dark and handsome when I first met him and his sister, Margot, in 1947. That was the year his family reunited with their father after WW11.

Bob called because he was doing some research of his family and wondered if I might have some answers. I didn't, but we did tell a few stories and have kept in touch. He told me he lived in Tucson, where my brother lives, which he didn't know. When I asked where specifically in Tucson he then told me Green Vally, which is about 45 minutes south of Bernd's.

Finally, today, we met. And we are getting together again on Saturday at the quilt show +! It was wonderful catching up on some of our past lives. I'm still processing all we chatted about.



That's Bob, me and Bernd. We look good, don't we?

No comments: