Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Paula Nadelstern!!

What a great week-end we had with Paul, Lisa, Amanda and Kendra. Our children and grandchildren are always great fun to be with.

And it was a busy time. We arrived on Fri. and went on a picnic to friend's of theirs. Good company and eats. Sat. Paul treated Chuck (a birthday gift) with a trip to Foxboro, MA to watch 2 college LaCrosse play-offs. They loved it. Kendra had a baseball game and both girls had music lessons, so it was girls day at home.
But Sunday was THE BEST for me!! Lisa took me into NYC to the American Folk Art Museum, right next to MOMA ... we kept looking for it across the street. Paula Nadelstern had an exhibit there and even though she is coming to Rochester in Sept. she will not be bringing these quilts because the show ends after her visit here. These quilts are marvelous to look at from a distance, but up close is the BEST! She uses such busy fabrics that I don't have the vision to put together, but they work ... beautifully. And all those little pieces of fabric I've been ditching? Paula uses them and they add just the right touch. If you have the opportunity to see these quilts, go. Admission is only $9.00 ($7.00 for seniors) and there are 5 floors to the Museum. Paula's show is on the second floor.

I did bring Chuck's camera just in case I could photograph them. I read all the information they gave me and looked for signs, but nothing said No Photos. So I took this picture. Then the guards came out! I told them I looked for signs, etc., apologized, shut the camera off and put it away. As lovely as the photo is, it doesn't do it justice.
After the show I went to the gift shop and they had some fat quarters. Sure I bought them! I'm taking a workshop from Paula in Sept. and need to be prepared. I'll try, but don't expect my work to be like hers. It will be fun to learn from her.

We then went to a street fair on 7th street ... it was blocked off for many streets to all kinds of vendors. We were just going to get a drink. I ended up with a skirt. We got home in time to attend a pig roast at the house of a teacher friend of Paul's. Mon. was a quiet time at home with gardening, reading and, as always, good food.

No comments: