Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Progress

I'm sitting and icing my knee after PT, but only because Lynelle said to; not because I'm hurting. Yes, she pushed me, but I'm finding it easier. I only have about 2 degrees more for straight, but can't see how that will happen until all the swelling goes away. "They" tell me that may take 3 months. And bending is consistently improving.

Last night I walked up the stairs using alternating legs! It wasn't easy, but it worked!

Last week after downloading some software ... security updates, etc. my computer started acting strange. I tried "fixing" it, because I always seem to think it's something I have done, I finally called the Apple store. We made an appointment at the Genius Bar and they fixed it. We were there from 2 until 7, which was a long time up and about for me, but the good news was that I did it! I even walked the mall somewhat, exercised, listened while the Geniuses told me what they were going to try next ... Greek to me ... went to dinner, Chuck bought a pair of slip on shoes for his impending hip surgery and enjoyed a Starbucks Chai. Wish I had remembered to bring my Kindle ... next time.

A week from today I see Dr. Niles & am hoping he'll say I can drive. I still can't stand for long, but even that is getting better.

No comments: