Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Reality Check

OK. It's been 4 weeks since the new knee and I thought I'd be much more independent by now. I expressed my frustration to Lynelle (PT) and she patiently explained that even though this is now a routine procedure, it is still major surgery and that I am progressing very well. Lynelle also said the next progress will not be in big leaps and bounds, but that I am walking very well and gaining more stamina each time she visits. She is pleased so I guess I should be, too. Now if I remember correctly, I recall being told the first few weeks are the toughest, not that I'd be all healed. Oh, how we read into what is said and not the reality. I'm now adjusted so will be content with my progress.

Yesterday I walked outside quite a bit ... oh, it was such nice weather & felt so good! I saw Matt Truesdale on my walk and he asked how I was doing. I told him that I would be having the Physical Terrorist this afternoon. No sympathy from him! He grinned and said that means she's doing her job.

I'm going to try and machine sew on the binding to Judy's quilt as I don't have a therapist visit today. Yes, I'll do my exercises even without the PT visit, too, but I haven't been in the sewing room for 4+ weeks. I'm having real withdrawal!

Tomorrow I'm going to try choir and Thurs. is quilt club. I'll go for show & tell, lunch and the speaker. Then Fri. is the Pops concert. The last August Wilson play is on Sunday afternoon @ GEVA. I'll see how I do at the Pops concert before I decide about the play. I hear it's a long one. But I don't want to miss it. See? That's my problem. I don't want to miss anything.

Just got a notice that Sue Nickels, our quilt club speaker, will not be able to come as she is attending a family crisis. So Pat Berardi has agreed to do a trunk show. I like Pat's work!

Off to do something physical ... walking, stretching & bending. Have to get in good shape to take as good care of Chuck as he has been doing for me!

No comments: