Thursday, June 23, 2011

Getting it!

We went window shopping at Home Depot for a replacement basement refrigerator/freezer. I was explaining to the salesperson what I REALLY wanted (see previous blog) and when I said it was too wide to fit down our stairway she said, "Even with the doors off?"

So when I got home I measured ... and it will go down with room to spare! I called and asked if when they delivered, would they make a 3 way exchange ... bring my kitchen refrigerator downstairs, take the basement one out and bring the new one into the kitchen. The answer was, "No."

Next I called Charlotte Appliance and they said, "Sure!" It will be delivered on Monday and is the same price as the one at Home depot.

Now I'm taking a break from cleaning up the basement so the exchange will go smoothly. We have 3 big coolers to store cold food in, but they aren't big enough for all the food to be out before the big, strong men lift, haul, push, or lug the appliances into their proper spots. I'll have to cook (ugh) and eat (mmm) before they deliver the new beauty. No more perishable food shopping until Tues!

No comments: