Saturday, June 11, 2011

... another knee

2 days after I had my right knee done I thought, "Why would anyone have this done again!" As I got better I began to not totally reject the thought. And after only a few weeks the cortisone (which I had 2 weeks before my right knee got fixed) has totally worn off my left knee and now I can hardly wait for the work to be done.

The cortisone has quickly worn off my left knee, it is throbbing, bone on bone, the leg is no longer straight and because I am on a blood thinner I can't take an anti-inflammatory to reduce the pain to a discomfort level, so it is time. Dr. Niles is going to give me another new knee on Aug. 22. When I told him that was the date I wanted he asked if I could wait that long. I want Chuck to completely heal, not spend the whole summer inside and it is when Colleen said she could come and help.

We are so lucky because Chuck's new hip is doing very well and I am finished with out-patient physical therapy so we are well on our way to total recovery. Chuck is still with home PT and Jessica gave me some exercises to continue my progress, which I am doing in the pool 2-3 times a week. West Irondequoit has a free swim for seniors and being in the water takes the pressure off the left leg so I can really work on those exercises.

Now Chuck and I are off to 2 outings ... a Red Cross luncheon and our neighbors (mother - MS and son - HS) graduation party. First outing for Chuck ... besides chatting with all the neighbors that pass by while he is outside.

No comments: