Tuesday, June 21, 2011

New refrig ... dream on ...

So the basement refrigerator died and I got all excited! I have wanted a refrigerator with a freezer on the bottom for years, but am too thrifty to just get one while the ones I have are very serviceable. So I took my yardstick and measured all spaces. Yes, my kitchen one will fit in the space of the refrigerator that died. Then I found one that fits in the kitchen space ... and it was on sale!

So next I shared the information with Chuck. He looked at all of it and said it wasn't bad, but did I measure the doorway to the basement? He thinks of everything! The kitchen refrigerator is too wide. We'd have to take off all kinds of door frames and then get them back up. With all the other work we have going on, we'll do without the freezer on the bottom.

What other upcoming work? We had de-icers put on the roof & now will have some electrical work done ... something with the main electric box. We are having the front porch painted, the floor in the computer room is getting new flooring ... rug is the pits ... and both bathrooms will be painted. That's enough for this season. The computer room will be the most work as we have lots of "stuff" in it and that all needs to be sorted, tossed & cleared out. I've started. I have a LOT of outdated computer things.

Cindy planted the rest of the annuals for us and we are going to enjoy the abundance of color in the yard. It looks pretty good.

No comments: