Saturday, March 19, 2011

It works!

I tried to get the computer to work in the hospital and it didn't, but here at the rehabilitation center it is working like a dream!

So, I have a new knee and it works ... not well or easily yet, but every day is an improvement. Surgery was on Monday and they had me dressed Tuesday morning by 6:30 AM. Shannon was firm and kept pushing, but I hurt even with the pain pill. I wanted to punch her because I was SURE I couldn't do anything. I did. When she left me in the chair I bawled. Then I scolded myself and ate breakfast. Then Colleen called and I unloaded for 2 minutes when they picked me up for therapy. I couldn't believe how much better I felt after therapy! I called Colleen right back after that session and she was so glad to hear the difference in my attitude.

Of course it didn't help that I was sleep deprived on Tuesday because the woman in the next room was in pain and screaming all night ... then they couldn't wake her up during therapy. I also napped, but after therapy and everything has been moving S L O W L Y since then, but moving forward.

No comments: