Friday, March 25, 2011

It's Good to be HOME!!

I'll try this again. Just as I was ready to "publish" I received an "error" message & lost what I wrote ... except for the title.

I know the Unity Joint Replacement Center did a wonderful job, but there is nothing like being at home. I am keeping up with some exercises even though they did not give me a regiment to follow. So, ankle pumps, butt squeezes and leg raises are the steady diet. Plus I am working at gently bending my leg back while at the kitchen table. I don't want to loose what I've accomplished so far.

Had Kristen, the nurse, check me out this morning with good results & tomorrow Diana the PT will be here. Kirsten said they do not expect you to do much work on the knee so the swelling goes down before the hard work begins. I thought what I did was hard work. Apparently that was a warm up. I asked Diana to be gentle and she said she would be ... the first day.

And we don't have to fix dinner for 2 days thanks to our neighbor, Michelle, and one of my "sisters", Kay.

My goal is to be well enough to sit at my sewing machine to work on a quilt or wall hanging. In the mean time I will happily do hand quilting. Of course, if I can go down to sew, I'll be able to do laundry & I don't know if Chuck is ready to give that up because he is doing a wonderful job.

I'd better get started on that hand sewing. It will also keep me warm.

No comments: