Saturday, March 5, 2011

Ups & Downs

It's been a long time ... again, but I think I'll try to continue. It will be an easier way to keep everyone that is interested up-to-date with my knee replacement starting on March 14.

I'm ready now and hope I'll behave properly. Some of you may know that it was scheduled for Jan. 31 and I got as far as the operating table and had atrial fibrillation so they postponed surgery until they figured out why. After all kinds of tests and not finding anything ... no blockage & a strong heart they blame it on? You guessed it! Age. So I'm on meds and am ready to go ... again.



And I'm getting ready by finishing up some projects. The first is my Puzzle Quilt that I started in a class from Paula Nadelstern. It is done and on the wall. There are 16 blocks and each of 6 pieced blocks are repeated 2 or 3 times. Here is the key:
Block 2 Block 1 Block 2 Block 3
Block 5 Block 4 Block 5 Block 4
Block 1 Block 4 Block 2 Block 3
Block 6 Block 1 Block 5 Block 6
That means all the Block 1's are made with the same pattern pieces, but the different fabrics make them look entirely different. All the block 6 blocks look like the same pieces to me, but all the block 1 blocks do not, but is. Fabric placement is key.

What a lot of work and lots of fussy cutting, but so much fun and a big challenge. I'll do more like this, but table runner size.

No comments: